whw 19.02.10

whw 19.02.10
A cold winters morning.

Saturday 13 February 2010

CLYDESDALE HARRIERS CC CHAMPS



I woke up this morning and had great difficulty in trying to stand never mind walk or run and with the club cc champs being held at 2pm i knew it was going to be tough going. After my breakfast and pain killers i started to get ready for my race.

I only ever wear my club vest once a year and this is the day, the main reason i dont wear it more often is its not that practical to wear a vest when your out for hours during a ultra.

My brother derek picked me up at 1pm and we set of to the race, the most special thing for me in this event is i get to see runners who i have known the most of my life and that is kind of special for me.

At 2pm the race started and the course was very tough indeed with a few comments like this will be easy as its a short race doesnt really mean much as during my ultras i walk up the hills while eating and drinking so a hilly short course with heavy heavy legs is a bit of a nightmare, but i really enjoyed the banter and i managed to finish the 3 laps of the course with only 1 near fall going down hill.
I would like to thank all the helpers, supporters and course markers for all there hard work on the day and i do think it will be a good cc relay course though id expect it will be tough on the kids races.

No comments:

Post a Comment