whw 19.02.10

whw 19.02.10
A cold winters morning.

Friday 19 February 2010

TYNDRUM TO BALMAHA

I got the sleeper train at westerton at 05.56 and arrived at tyndrum at 08.00 on the train i found that i didnt have my energy food for my run, so i dropped off at brodies store and got some chocolate. I only eat 1 topic and half a bar of milk chocolate for the 33.7 miles i ran.
I ran the first part of this route thinking of all  the mile markers for the highland fling, it was very very cold for the whole day, the run through the forest at crianlarich was very hard work and very hilly with ice and still a little bit of snow.

Once i got to glen falloch i was in the shade and cold with a trip on a stone and fell face down with only a grazed hand. This part of the run was in the shade and again very cold with a few more bits of ice.

I kept pushing on and soon arrived at the top of loch lomond  and the same problem of my whole run happened again, a very strong sun in my face again which made it diffucult to take pictures. I really do think the best view of the whole whw is when you get to the top of loch lomond it is the best view of the entire route it is just so inspirational/ fullfilling and so why you - jog for jesus.
The trip along loch lomond was as expected tough, my worst part of this route is the top of loch lomond to inversnaid hotel. I managed to do more running on this part than ever before, so i felt good at this stage. The strange part of this section was coming across the famous wild goats just 2 mile before rowerdenan, there are normally only 3/4 goats, but this  time there was more than 12 with the bonus that i never smelled them.

Rowedennan to balmaha during this section i had a few stomach cramps and managed to get to balmaha without any problems in 8hrs 43min and still feeling ok/
Once again i just missed the 309 bus and managed to rehydrate with 2 pints of beer,the next bus was at 6pm and arrived at balloch at 6.26pm again i just missed the 6.23 bus at balloch by 3min so got the 6.53 train and arrived home at 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment