whw 19.02.10

whw 19.02.10
A cold winters morning.

Friday 29 April 2011

FRIDAY 29TH APRIL

With just under 1 day to go to the biggest ultra race in britain this year, i really am getting excited at the prospect of the top ultra runners in britain passing me on loch lomond and running my 5th highland fling race.
The weather looks as though its going to 19 degrees tomorrow, so will be a long day on the whw route. Does the weather make any changes to my race, well i might change to 2 water bottles for the section between inversnaid to beinglass farm as this section in previous years can get very hot and nowhere to get a extra drink and catches people out at how long it takes to do this section. I may decide to dilute my carbo drinks as i expect i will be drinking more.
During the glasgow to edinburgh race i lost 8lbs after the race, with me drinking 5.5 litres of fluid during the race.
So plan tomorow is to weigh myself before i leave for the start, get plenty of sun screen/vasoline on and try to be well hydrated for the rest of the day. Bad news is my wife suzanne is going to a wedding reception tonight in motherwell which i cant make, due to getting up at 5am and suzanne will be lucky if she can make it home for 3am. So not long to go and wishing everyone a good holiday weekend again and happy running.
J4J.

No comments:

Post a Comment