whw 19.02.10

whw 19.02.10
A cold winters morning.

Sunday 16 January 2011

SATURDAY 15TH JANUARY (5K PARK RUN)

Did my usual 7mile warm up to pollock park and arrived 5 minutes before the start. After a quick change of footwear and a dry top i set of to the start. After the usual chat we set off i have been getting fitter through the festive period and was looking forward to getting back on the 5k road route. So with a unusual mind set i set off looking to run as hard as i can which i dont do as i get injured trying to run fast, so with a constant stream of passing people along the course i got to the finish absolutely cream krackered and was rewarded with a email 4 hrs after the race telling me i had indeed ran a pb on this course of 21min 46sec. So it was a hard slog of running the 7 mile warm down home.
I received a email later in the night from my old coach brian mcausland saying well done on my pb and that it wasnt indeed my life pb of 5k but a course pb so after some though my road pb was actually 14m 45sec from 1994.
Total mileage 17 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment