whw 19.02.10

whw 19.02.10
A cold winters morning.

Saturday 5 March 2011

SATURDAY 5TH MARCH (pollock park 5k)

I havent ran the pollock park run for a while now so with no work commitement it was up at 7.30am and out the door 4 8am. I have been trying when im doing long  runs to run fasted, so with just a glass of orange i set off for the 8miles to pollock park my garmin gave me 7.36miles but adding the clyde tunnel which i guess is 0.6m so iv called it 8 miles. Avg. HR 132 in 68min 51sec.

Had a 15 min wait till the start of the race so jogged a bit and talked to joe doyle and lindsay Mcneil for a bit .My last race here was my pb so with a niggle in my calf from yesterday i was just going to run steady. I normally go to the back of all my races but i stood beside joe and lindsay and was quickly passed by a few people, as the race went on i was running comfortable but hardish and i came to the finish speeding up to not let the person behind me pass " very unlike me now". So my mile splits were, 6.54 / 6.58 / 7.05. Avg. HR 162.
My result was 53rd in 21min 19sec. PB.

After a quick drink of water with 2 vitamin c tablets still getting over the cold, i set back home via a wrong turn in pollock park and ran 8.10 miles home with the 0.6miles of the clyde tunnel for 8.7 miles in 78 min 24sec with Avg. HR 136. So in total 8 + 8.7 + 3.1 = 19.8 miles for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment